Today, I watched this youtube video with Neale Donald Walsch and Eckhart Tolle.
Many things about this interview moved me, but none more than their brief conversation at the end of the interview about how all this “spiritual stuff” applies to our day-to-day lives. What more relevent question could there be for a busy mom to four sons? Or, to any parent, for that matter. The irritations we face over the course of a day can number in the thousands! For me, here are a few…
- I don’t wake up as early as I want to or am finding it difficult to lure myself out of bed.
- I am on the couch doing my morning meditation and one of my kids interupts me before I am ready.
- My husband turns on the radio too loud in the kitchen while I’m still meditating.
- The house is a mess.
- I just did a bunch of laundry and now there is another mountain to do.
- The boys are fighting again.
- I just changed a diaper two seconds ago and NOW he’s doing his massive poo.
Well, you see the picture. I could go on, but I think I’ll stop there. Watching this video helped me to put all of these irritations into a different form, one for which I could be grateful. I don’t want to spoil their telling of this message by putting it into my own words so that you don’t have to watch it. Instead, I am going to challenge you to make a cup of tea/coffee, grab a cookie and watch. Then, let me know what you think.
As always, I would love to hear from you.