An avid listener of Bob Edward’s Weekend, I am no stranger to the “This I believe” concept. Check out www.thisibelieve.org for more information on that. It’s very cool to read what people from all across the country count as their number one core value. I am always inspired by what I hear in the “This I believe” segment of Bob Edward’s Weekend.
However, today’s “I believe” is instead an answer to a call by Lynn Baldwin-Rhodes and her very moving blog post about why she almost quit the women’s entrepreneurial networking group she founded, “Power Chicks.” To read that wonderful piece of writing, go to http://www.powerchicksinternational.com/why-i-almost-quit-power-chicks/ .
If you are so inclined to read her story of winter epiphanies about what matters and where we can soften our expectations around success, then you will completely “get” why I am writing this blog post.
OK, so here goes….(This is for you, Lynn, and by extention for me too. It’s all connected, baby!)
1. That motherhood is a spiritual path to inner peace.
2. That our children teach us the ways and means to that inner peace.
3. That I am already there, even when I think I’m not.
4. That being a mom and having a business can be fun.
5. That having a business about being a mom is THE most awesome business in the world for an entrepreneurial spirit like myself.
What do you believe? Share, share, share. We’d love to hear.